A popular Young's pub, just outside Leatherhead, where food is an equal draw to the beer.
A winter menu brought starters such as 'Celeriac & Cider Soup'; 'Baked Figs Stuffed with Goats Cheese & Wrapped in Parma Ham' and 'Breaded Tiger Prawns with Plum Salsa & Light Curry Dressing' amongst their short listing.
With 'Free-Range British Pork Chop with Champ, Apple & Crispy Sage'; 'Young's Beer Battered Fresh Fish & Chips'; 'Duck Leg Confit with Bubble & Squeak & Red Onion Marmalade' and 'Pan-Fried Sea Bass with Fondant Potato, Spinach & Chive Velouté' to follow.
Puds are of the good Crème Brulée and Sticky Toffee variety.
Plenty of semi-sheltered al fresco eating for those in-between days.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week; mains £7 to £11 plus good Sandwiches; Sun L Roasts about £10
- Dinner: mains £10 to £14
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at about £16
- Wheelchair access: Yes - but a few steps up to pub
- Nearest station: Leatherhead Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating