This informal restaurant's part of a small chain (see Bath, Marylebone & Richmond). The formula is brilliant, in its way, as the restaurant is under the same roof as a fishmongers. So you can order from their menu, the daily specials or chose an item from the shop, and they will cook it for you.
Fish arrives on a daily basis from Newlyn Market in Cornwall (and from further afield), so is gleamingly fresh.
'Fruits de Mer' is particularly popular as are 'Crevettes with Tarragon Mayonnaise'. 'Char-Grilled Squid with Lemon and Chili'; 'Spaghetti with Clams and Chili' and 'Grey Mullet with Garlic Dressing' are other stock items.
Specials might include 'Brandade of Cod (as a starter), or 'Roast Hake with Chickpeas and Salsa Verde'.
Desserts are an afterthought, but a few are offered. Service is friendly and helpful.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-22.30, mains about £15 to £42; Mon-Fri set L 12.00-18.00 £18 (2 courses)
- Dinner: all week 12.00-22.30, mains about £15 to £42
- Seats: 62
- Wine: A well-chosen, mainly white, wine list has fair mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Regents Park/Baker Street underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays; 24th Dec to early Jan
- Air conditioned