A good Indian restaurant, set in an attractive Georgian building. The smart dining room, on two levels, with its crisp napery, overlooks the Downs.
All the expected standard offerings are here, tikka's etc; but there is more interest here, with the likes of 'Calamari Chili-Fry Patti' (stir-fried squid with fresh vegetables and a crispy pancake); 'Spicy Crab Cake' and 'Bhuni Kaleji' (fried chicken liver, tossed with onions, tomatoes and herbs).
Perhaps follow 'Chicken or Lamb Tikka Masala'; 'Goan-Style Mushroom Curry' (made with Shitake & Oyster Mushrooms' or 'Jalfrazi - made with Chicken, Lamb or Prawns).
Finish with 'Iced Rasgulla'; 'Hot Jalabies with Vanilla Ice Cream' or a selection of Kulfi.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; mains £14 to £20 (including rice)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.30; mains about £14 to £20 (including rice)
- Seats: 80
- Wine: a short, but adequate wine list, is backed-up with good lager ideal for curry.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: No, too many steps
- Nearest station: Clifton Down Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: all week L; Sun D; some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating