A popular Indian restaurant, and certainly the best we've found in the area. The comfortable, atmospheric, dining rooms are on two floors, the walls being barely-visible, between the pictures.
All the expected 'standards' are listed, but starters with a difference include 'Chicken Reshmi Kebab' (chicken, rolled in oriental spices, coated with egg, then baked in the tandoor); and 'Malabar Trio' (Spicy King Prawns, Chili-Fried Chicken, and Aromatic Lamb Chunks with Coriander Chutney).
Interesting mains include 'Jhinga Balchao' (a Goan dish, consisting of spiced King Prawns with Onions, Tomatoes and Ginger) and 'Tawa Chicken' (chicken cooked on a flat iron griddle, with green peppers, onion, tomatoes and fresh herbs). Luxury seafood items such as lobster, lemon sole and monkfish are also offered.
Finish with a refreshing Kulfi or their selection of chilled desserts
There's live music on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings, and a children's magician at Sunday lunchtime - but enquire in case of disappointment, when booking.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; set L £15.95 (2 courses + drink); mains from about £10 to £30
- Dinner: all week 18.00-22.30; mains about £10 to £30
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen list, kicks of at around £15; is backed up by excellent lagers.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: No
- Nearest station: Bromley North or Sundridge Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec & some religious holidays
- Rooms available