There's something for everyone, in this pub/restaurant - that's open between 8.30 and 22.00 each day.
Based around a 16th century core, the whole has a real pub atmosphere - but with an abundance of fresh flowers. The business is under the same ownership (and run along the same line) as The Wig & Mitre in Lincoln.
So the day starts with breakfast, and all-day snacks start at around
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week from 12.00-22.00; set L (Mon to Sat) from £13.95 (2 courses), £16.50 (3 courses); mains about £13 to £24
- Dinner: all week 12.00-22.00; set D Sun to Fri D £13.95 (2 courses), £16.50 (3 courses); mains about £13 to £24
- Seats: 84, plus 30 outside
- Wine: An excellent wine list, with around 20 offerings by the glass, kicks off at about £15
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Rolleston or Newark Northgate Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating