This crisp, chic and contemporary restaurant within the elegant Victorian Felix Hotel.
The dining room has a bistro feel and overlooks the garden and a terrace for al fresco eating. Don't expect stomach-stretching helpings, but carefully prepared elegant dishes.
The kitchen chooses his ingredients carefully, with the likes of 'Pheasant & Smoked Ham Terrine with Pickled Pear & Cider Jelly'; 'Sweet Potato & Goats Cheese Pithivier with Baby Spinach'; 'Warm Salad of Crisp Octopus with Pequillo Peppers, Guacamole & Bulls Blood Lettuce' and 'Braised Belly Pork with Sauerkraut, Cranberry Glace & Caraway Jus' among autumn starters.
Maybe 'Confit Gressingham Duck Leg with Borlotti Bean & Pancetta Cassoulet & Armagnac Prunes'; 'Jasmine-Smoked Loin of Denham Estate Venison with Celeriac & Almond Purée'; 'Red Cabbage, Fried Chestnut Mushroom Polenta' and 'Steamed Timbale of Sole, Cornish Crab Mousse with Sautéed Broccoli, Duchesse Potatoes & Ginger Cream' to follow.
Finish with the likes of 'Apple, Frangipane & Amaretto Tart Tatin with Cinnamon Ice Cream' or 'Honey & Lemon Mousse with Carrot Curd & Whisky Jelly'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; set L from £14.50 (2 courses), £18.50 (3 courses); mains about £15 to £22; plus less ambitious Café Bar menu; L Sun £18.50 (2 courses), £21.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Sun & Mon 18.30-22.30, Tues 18.30-21.30, Weds-Sat 18.30-22.00; main courses about £15 to £22
- Seats: 45
- Wine: an interesting wine list, with modest mark-ups for a restaurant of this style, and a good selection by the glass.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, also lavatory
- Nearest station: Cambridge Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page - or from the A1 going north, take the A14 turning onto the A1307. At the City of Cambridge sign, turn left into Whitehouse Lane.
- Parking: Yes
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available