Find this good dining area, on the mezzanine of Canterbury's 'all week' Farmers Market. This is situated in a converted railway shed, and the quality of the food on offer, make it a draw for miles around (see our shops section). Don't expect luxury, with wooden undressed tables - just good food, in sometimes chilly conditions, so choose your day!
On the restaurant front, the kitchen gathers produce from the market, on a daily basis, so their offerings truly change with the seasons.
But delicious soup, various salads, perhaps a scallop or mackerel dish or 'Seared Pigeon Breast with Lentils' or 'Mussels with Cider, Cream and Garlic' among the starters.
'Wild Sea Trout with Grilled Asparagus'; 'Medallions of Monkfish with home-made Black Pudding'; 'Crisp-skinned slow-roast Belly Pork with Root Vegetables' or 'Organic Pot-Roast Chicken with Wild Garlic' among the mains.
Desserts are simple in the style of Crème Brulée or Shortbread; but cheese lovers will have a field day.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-19.00 (Sat & Sun 15.00); main courses about £13 to £20
- Dinner: Tues-Sat, 18.00-23.30; main courses about £13 to £20
- Seats: 80
- Wine: an interesting list, with good local interest, kicks off at about £15
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Canterbury West Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: all Mon; D Sun; Bank Holidays; 25th & 26th Dec