This smart and very expensive Chinese restaurant offers food from all over the country, with speciality chefs concentrating on each region.
Both the dining rooms - ground floor and basement - are equally comfortable and have a feeling of space.
Expect the likes of 'Shanghai Noodles'; 'Hot and Sour Soup'; 'Sharks Fin Soup with Crab Meat' and 'Steamed Scallops with Glass Noodles' among the starters.
'Mongolian Lamb'; 'Deep-Fried Calamari tossed in Pepper, Garlic and Chili'; 'Peking Braised Chicken'; 'Steamed Sea Bass with Ginger and Spring Onions' and 'Venison Meatballs with Oyster Sauce and Caramelised Pine Nuts' among the mains.
Prices are firm, even by the standards of the area, (mineral water being
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: all week, set L £19-£100; mains from £16 to £108
- Dinner: all week, set D £48-£100; mains from £16 to £108
- Wine: Very comprehensive wine list, with many prestigious bins. Kicking off in the mid £20's, then climbling steeply
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Hyde Park Corner Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page - or from Park Lane, going South, turn left into South Street, then left into South Audley Street, the restaurants on the left
- Parking: Meter Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned