Find this excellent restaurant set in a terrace of smart Georgian houses.
Fish features prominently, as does local seasonal game; but food is locally-sourced whenever possible -from the best possible sources.
So expect to find Brixham Crab and Start Bay Scallops among the offerings. The latter might come with Spanish Morcilla and a Salt Cod Croquette and a Cauliflower and Almond Purée. The former in Tortellini with Langoustine and Lemongrass Cream.
Main courses might include 'Sea Bass with Truffled Savoy Cabbage and Scampi Tortellini'; 'Pork with a Langoustine and Squid Risotto'; 'Rump of Cornish Lamb with a Fricassee of Wild Mushrooms, Braised Chicory and Roast Onion Foam' and 'Grey Mullet with Avocado Purée'
Perhaps finish with 'Wild Berry and Champagne Jelly'; 'Dark Chocolate and Malt Tart' or in summer months 'Warm Tansy Pudding with Sweet Cicely Ice Cream and Lemon Verbena Coulis'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.30-14.30, set L £16.50 (2 courses) to £19.95; main courses about £16 to £25;Tasting Menu £67.50 (7 courses) - before 13.15; there’s also a bar menu available
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.30, set D from £45.50 (2 courses), £55 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £67.50 (7 courses); mains about £16 to £25
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks has modest mark-ups; and includes a few by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Torquay Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: all Mon, D Sun, first 2 weeks Jan.
- Air conditioned