A comfortable restaurant with crisp white napery, high-backed chairs and well-spaced tables.
Although some 'Indian' standards are listed, the menu concentrates on dishes that stretch your views on food from the sub-continent.
Expect the likes of 'Tandoor-baked Duck and Cumin Potatoes in Filo Pastry' and 'King Prawns in Tamarind Sauce' among the starters.
Maybe to be followed by 'Monkfish Masala'; 'Marinated Grilled Rabbit with Spinach and Red Pepper Pilaf'; 'Endari Badi Lamb Shank' or 'Crab-stuffed Peppers with a Fenugreek Sauce, in the style of Kerala'.
The 'Cookham Tandoori' in Cookham, near Maidenhead, and 'Spice Merchant in Beaconsfield, are under the same ownership, and run along similar lines.
- Food Style: Modern Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; set L £12.50; mains from about £10
- Dinner: all week 17.30-23.00; set D £22.50; mains from about £10
- Wine: a good wine list by the normal standard of Indian restaurants
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Uxbridge Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available