Find this comfortable restaurant with crisp white napery, high-backed chairs and well-spaced tables, in the old part of the town.
Although some 'Indian' standards are listed, the menu concentrates on dishes that stretch your views on food from the sub-continent.
Expect the likes of 'Tandoor-baked Duck and Cumin Potatoes in Filo Pastry' among the starters. Maybe to be followed by 'Monkfish Masala'; 'Marinated Grilled Rabbit with Spinach and Red Pepper Pilaf' or 'Crab-stuffed Peppers with a Fenugreek Sauce, in the style of Kerala'.
The 'Cookham Tandoori' in Cookham, near Maidenhead, and 'Masala' in Uxbridge, are under the same ownership, and run along similar lines.
- Food Style: Modern Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30, Sun 12.00-16.00; mains from about £10
- Dinner: all week 17.30-23.00; mains from about £10
- Wine: a good, well-thought-out, wine list - especially by the standards of most Indian restaurants.
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Beaconsfield Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available