« back to restaurants search results
Yo Sushi Brighton6-7 Jubilee Street, Brighton, East Sussex, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1GE
An excellent chain of Japanese restaurants, started by Simon Woodroffe in 1997. They were the first to successfully introduce the conveyor belt system of displaying food - the idea being you sit at the counter and choose your dish/dishes as the sushi and sashimi glide by.
The price you pay depends on your hunger, the conveyor belt dishes are colour coded, donating their price, but for a more elaborate meal hot dishes (such as excellent 'Miso Black Cod') are excellent, but can bump the price up. However, prices are very reasonable.
This branch has a seaside-themed interior, making it popular with children of all ages.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains from about £2.50 to £7
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains from about £2.50 to £7
- Wine: a basic wine list is supplemented by Japanese beer
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Brighton Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned