Perhaps combine a visit here with to your shopping. Yo Sushi was started by Simon Woodroffe in 1997, and has continued to grow into a good chain of sushi restaurants. They were the first to successfully introduce the conveyor belt system of displaying food to Britain the idea being you sit at the counter and choose your dish/dishes as the sushi and sashimi glide by.
The price you pay depends on your hunger, the conveyor belt dishes are colour coded, donating their price, but for a more elaborate meal hot dishes (such as excellent 'Miso Black Cod') are excellent, but can bump the price up.
Displayed dishes range from
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.30-22.30, Sun 11.30-22.00; pieces about £2 to £5
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 11.30-22.30, Sun 11.30-22.00; pieces about £2 to £5
- Wine: a concise list, plus Japanese beer
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Reading Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Air conditioned