« back to restaurants search results
Yo Sushi Birmingham SelfridgesSelfridges, Upper Mall, East Bullring, Birmingham, West Midlands, B5 4BP
Part of a good chain of Japanese restaurants, started by Simon Woodroffe in 1997. They were the first to successfully introduce the conveyor belt system of displaying food in Britain - the idea being you sit at the counter and choose your dish/dishes as the sushi and sashimi glide by.
The price you pay depends on your hunger, the conveyor belt dishes are colour coded, donating their price, but for a more elaborate meal hot dishes (such as excellent 'Miso Black Cod') are excellent, but can bump the price up.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.00-19.30, Sun 12.00-16.30; displayed dishes from about £2.50-£7.00; hot dishes from about £6
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 11.00-19.30, Sun 12.00-16.30; displayed dishes from about £2.50-£7.00; hot dishes from about £6
- Wine: a short wine list is backed up by good Japanese beer
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: New Street Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Multi Story
- Closed: check out Sun hours; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned