A sandwich shop front hides this comfortable Edinburgh Thai, probably Edinburgh's best.
The menu is extensive, but all the standards are listed - including 'Tom Yum' (hot & sour soup); 'Popia' (Thai-style Vegetable Spring Rolls) and 'Gung Ob' (Pan-Fried Prawns with Garlic, Butter and White Wine) among the starters.
'Pla Nung' (steamed fillet of Sea Bream with Ginger and Spring Onions); and a mix & match selection of stir-fries and curries with either Chicken, Beef, Duck, Guinea Fowl, Prawn and Venison as their base.
A few puds such as 'Kao Mow Tord' (banana coated in honey, oats & coconut with vanilla ice cream) complete the picture.
A 12.5% discount system operates for takeaways.
- Food Style: Thai
- Lunch: all week; Sun from noon, then all day. Set menu £12.95 (2 courses); Mains between £11 & £20
- Dinner: all week; Sun from noon, then all day, including D. Mains between about £11 & £20
- Wine: a well-thought-out wine list kicks off at about £16
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Waverley Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page - in the New Town, between Frederick and Hanover Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays