A comfortable restaurant, close to the race course, offering a carefully-cooked menu, based on re-vamped Indian dishes. These have invigorating flavours, relying on citrus flavours as much as chilis.
Starters include the likes of 'Patha Paneer' (exotic fruits with goats cheese, garlic, lime juice and walnut oil); 'Xenuk Luhari' (mussels in their shells with spices and lime juice) and 'Gosth Pura' (shredded roast lamb with herbs, nutmeg and fresh coriander).
Mains 'Chamili' (pieces of chicken with orange rind and parsley); 'Lamb-e-Belfoi' (lamb with green olives and lime juice) and 'Shatkora Maach' (boal fish, cooked with citrus fruit, with a bitter tangy flavour).
There are plenty of vegetarian offerings.
- Food Style: Modern Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30
- Dinner: all week 18.00-23.00
- Wine: a short wine list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Epsom Downs Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays