A good Thai restaurant, attracting people from miles around, and deservedly so.
All the expected Thai offerings are listed such as ' Popia To' (Thai Spring Rolls); 'Tod Mun Pla' (Thai Fish Cakes) and 'Peeg Gai Song Kreung' (stuffed chicken wings with a sweet and sour pum sauce) among the starters.
'Gaeng Hang Lay' (a pork curry, a speciality of Northern Thailand, flavoured with tamarind); 'Pat Num Mon Hoy Nua Moo' (beef or pork fried with vegetables and flavoured with oyster sauce) and 'Pla Shu Shi' (fillet of haddock with a red curry and coconut sauce) among the mains.
Al fresco dining is a fair weather bonus.
- Food Style: Thai
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.30; set L from £13.50
- Dinner: Tues-Sun from 18.00; set D from £16pp (2 people minimum)
- Wine: a well-thought-out wine list, including some offerings from Thailand, kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: York Rail
- Directions: on the A19 between York and Selby - see the map at the top of this page
- Closed: L every day; Mon (except Bank Holidays); some other Bank Holidays
- Outside eating