Find this useful restaurant/hotel in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park, making it an idea base for a walking holiday. Splendid views from the hotel bar can be enjoyed over a pre-prandial drink.
Local produce is well to fore, as are vegetarian dishes – such as Spanish Frittata with Saute Potatoes & Salad’. The dinner menu might offer the likes of ‘Salmon & Parsley Fish Cakes with Tartare Sauce’; and ‘Grilled Goats’ Cheese Crostini, with an Apple, Celery and Mixed Leaf Salad’ among the starters.
Possibly ‘Aduki Bean Cottage Pie, with a Port and Cranberry Sauce’; ‘Welsh Lamb Rump with Seasonal Vegetables and Rosemary & Thyme Jus’; ‘Fillet of Salmon with Fennel Marmalade’ and ‘Confit of Lamb Gigot with oven-roasted vegetables and a Red Wine Jus’ among the mains.
Homely puddings are good - generally including Sticky Toffee Pudding.
A light lunch menu is offered – with the likes of Homemade Soup, Welsh Rabbit and a selection of filled Paninis.
- Food Style: Welsh Traditional
- Lunch: all week; mains about £9 to £11 – plus snacks
- Dinner: all week; mains about £13 to £18
- Wine: a short, but adequate, wine list
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Dolwyddelan Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Rooms available