Find this comfortable seafood restaurant on the quay, within a mile of the ferry port - on the first floor of this seaside hotel. You can enjoy views of the harbour and Stour and Orwell estuaries while you relax over your meal.
The menu is seasonal, but expect the likes of ‘Home-Smoked Salmon with Capers & Shallots'; 'Potato Velouté with Smoked Cod, Soft-Boiled Egg & Rock Chives'; ‘Dressed Local Crab in the Shell’ or 'Grilled Mackerel Fillet with Pickled Beetroot & Horseradish Crème Fraiche' among the starters.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Fillet of Stone Bass with Cockles & Butter Beans'; ‘Slow-Cooked Feather Blade of Beef with Mash, Root Vegetables & Beef Sauce’; 'Beer-Battered Lin-Caught Cod & Chips with Mushy Peas'; ‘Various Ways with Lobster’ or 'Dingley Dell Pork Schnitzel with Poached Egg & Gentleman’s Relish'.
Desserts maintain the high standard, with maybe 'Belgian Chocolate Fondant with Pistachio Ice Cream & Brittle'; 'Bramley Apple Crumble & Proper Custard' and 'Steamed Lemon Songe Pudding with Lemon Curd Syrup & Ginger Cream' to tempt you.
You can eat informally, all day, in their downstairs bar which is excellent for family dining.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Weds-Sun; 12.00-14.00; mains about £13 to £50 (plus cheaper options in The Bar
- Dinner: Weds-Sun 18.00-21.30; mains about £13 to £50
- Seats: 60, plus 20 outside
- Wine: a good list, strong on whites, kicks off at around the £19 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: ground floor Bar only
- Nearest station: Harwich Town Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: all Mon & Tues, 25th Dec
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available