A good neighbourhood restaurant offering mainly traditional Italian trattoria-style food, in a relaxed dining room with bare pine tables and high-backed chairs.
Starters/antipasti include the likes of 'Antipasti Misto'; 'Tarta di Funghi' (a warm pastry tart with mushrooms and a pesto dressing) and 'Cape Sante al Marsala' (warm salad of Scallops in a Marsala sauce).
Main courses 'Saltimbocca alla Romana' (veal escalopes with prosciutto ham and sage); 'Pollo ai Porcini con Pomodoro Secchi' (breast of chicken in a porcini and sun-dried tomato sauce) and 'Fish of the Day'.
The menu also a comprehensive pasta/risotto section - and this is a speciality.
Simple desserts include the compulsory, but ever-popular, Tiramisu; and they offer a good selection of Welsh Farmhouse and Italian cheeses.
Friendly service is under the direction of proprietor Antonio Castaldo.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Tues-Sat; 12.00-13.45; mains about £11 to 17
- Dinner: Tues-Sat, 19.00-21.45; mains from about £11 to £17
- Seats: 40
- Wine: A good selection, of mainly Italian, wines are modestly priced
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Cardiff
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: Sun & Mon; 24th, 25th & 31st Dec; Bank Holidays & 3 weeks in August
- Air conditioned