« back to restaurants search results
Le Monde Cardiff60-62 St Mary's Street, Cardiff, Cardiff/Caerdydd, CF10 1FE
A good and buzzy restaurant, specialising in seafood, but also offering some meat and vegetarian dishes.
The food on offer is beautifully displayed in display cabinets; and there are no traditional menus, as such, but the dishes on offer are displayed on the ice or on the blackboards around the room.
Starters such as 'Pint of Shrimps'; 'Deep-fried Whitebait'; 'Asparagus with Hollandaise' and Homemade Patés set the style from their large selection.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Red Snapper'; 'Baked Dover Sole'; 'Scottish Beef Fillet' and 'Medallions of Venison with a Port Sauce'. Some dishes are sold by the weight of their main ingredient.
All main courses come with either chips, jacket or new potatoes.
A few traditional desserts complete the picture - but are not the main event.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; set L Mon-Fri £6.95 (1 course), £9.95 (2 courses), £12.95 (3 courses); mains £9.95 to £18.95
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-23.00; mains £9.95 to £18.95
- Seats: 200
- Wine: a concise, mainly generic, list kicks off at £11.99
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun; some Bank Holidays