« back to restaurants search results
John Harvey Tavern - LewesBear Yard, Cliffe High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2AN
A bustling pub, serving Harvey's award-winning bitter, produced just over the road, and offering simple but carefully-cooked lunches - that can stretch into the afternoon.
The short menu is supplemented with blackboard specials - a dish of 'Lambs Liver with Red Wine Gravy' was particularly enjoyed by one of our inspectors.
Their modestly-sounding sandwiches are worth having for the quality of their bread alone - and are indeed large enough to be shared.
Sunday lunch is deservedly popular, but the joint of the day can disappear quickly - unless you book ahead and reserve your requirements.
Wednesday night is Jazz Night - so particularly popular. Friendly and helpful service
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30, Sun 12.00-16.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-21.30
- Wine: a concise, but well-thought-out list, offers good value - kicking off at £10.50
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Lewes
- Directions: opposite Harveys Brewery, overlooking the River Ouse. See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street Parking or NCP near Waitrose
- Closed: D Sun, 25th Dec
- Outside eating