One of a chain of Japanese-style noodle restaurants, but none the worse for that.
Chains are sometimes frowned upon, but in this case, standards have been well held; and as far as possible, branches are mirror images.
No reservations are taken, and customers eat communally at canteen-style benches. 'Positive eating, positive living' (and no smoking) is the message, noodles (ramen) the medium. Expect to queue at peak times, but not for long as customers are happy to comply with the fast serve, fast out concept. Food arrives as and when it's done.
Cooking is done to order, ingredients very fresh and flavours positive. Although side dishes are offered, and good, you can eat very well and cheaply by having just one dish.
Drink raw energy juices, green tea, or opt for sake, Japanese beer or wine.
- Food Style: Noodle Bars
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 11.30-23.00, Sat 11.00-23.00, Sun 11.30-22.00; all week, mains about £9 to £15
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 11.30-23.00, Sat 11.00-23.00, Sun 11.30-22.00; all week, mains about £9 to £15
- Seats: 126
- Wine: a short wine list has fair mark-ups, is backed up with a selection of sake and Japanese beers
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Moor Street Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec
- Air conditioned