One of a chain of Japanese-style noodle restaurants, but none the worse for that.
Chains are sometimes frowned upon, but in this case, standards have been well held; and as far as possible, branches are mirror images.
No reservations are taken, and customers eat communally at canteen-style benches. 'Positive eating, positive living' (and no smoking) is the message, noodles (ramen) the medium. Expect to queue at peak times, but not for long as customers are happy to comply with the fast serve, fast out concept. Food arrives as and when it's done.
Cooking is done to order, ingredients very fresh and flavours positive.
Although side dishes are offered, and good, you can eat very well and cheaply by having just one dish.
Drink raw energy juices, green tea, or opt for sake, Japanese beer or wine.
- Food Style: Noodle Bars
- Lunch: Sun-Thurs 12.00-22.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.00; mains about £9 to £15
- Dinner: Sun-Thurs 12.00-22.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.00; mains about £9 to £15
- Seats: 114, plus 30 outside
- Wine: a short wine list has fair mark-ups, is backed up with Sake
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Basingstoke Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: 25th Dec & 26th Dec
- Outside eating