« back to restaurants search results
Wagamama St Paul's1 Ludgate Hill, London, London, EC4M 7AA
One of a chain of Japanese-style noodle restaurants, but none the worse for that.
Chains are sometimes frowned upon, but in this case, standards have been well held; and as far as possible, branches are mirror images.
No reservations are taken, and customers eat communally at canteen-style benches. 'Positive eating, positive living' (and no smoking) is the message, noodles (ramen) the medium. Expect to queue at peak times, but not for long as customers are happy to comply with the fast serve, fast out concept. Food arrives as and when it's done.
Cooking is done to order, ingredients very fresh and flavours positive.
Although side dishes are offered, and good, you can eat very well and cheaply by having just one dish.
Drink raw energy juices, green tea, or opt for sake, Japanese beer or wine.
- Food Style: Noodle Bars
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 11.00-22.30, Fri & Sat 11.00-23.00, Sun 11.00-22.00; mains from about £9 to £15
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 11.00-22.30, Fri & Sat 11.00-23.00, Sun 11.00-22.00; mains from about £9 to £15
- Wine: a short wine list kicking off at about £20, is backed up with Saké and Japanese beer
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Lift - but phone ahead
- Nearest station: City Thameslink Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Air conditioned