« back to restaurants search results
Wagamama Wimbledon46-48 Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon, Surrey, SW19 7PA
One of a chain of Japanese-style noodle restaurants, but none the worse for that.
Chains are sometimes frowned upon, but in this case, standards have been well held; and as far as possible, branches are mirror images.
No reservations are taken, and customers eat communally at canteen-style benches. 'Positive eating, positive living' (and no smoking) is the message, noodles (ramen) the medium. Expect to queue at peak times, but not for long as customers are happy to comply with the fast serve, fast out concept. Food arrives as and when it's done.
Cooking is done to order, ingredients very fresh and flavours positive. Although side dishes are offered, and good, you can eat very well and cheaply by having just one dish.
Drink raw energy juices, green tea, or opt for sake, Japanese beer or wine.
- Food Style: Noodle Bars
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 11.30-23.00, Sun 11.30-22.00; mains from about £8 to £13
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 11.30-23.00, Sun 11.30-22.00; mains from about £8 to £13
- Seats: 140, plus 50 outside
- Wine: a short wine list kicking off at about £16, is backed up with Sak
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Wimbledon Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec
- Air conditioned