This Chinese restaurant, run by the Kong family since 2004, offers a standard of cooking above that of the provincial norm; and the large airy dining room has well-spaced tables, making it ideal for business.
The large menu offered includes Cantonese, Pekinese and Szechuan dishes - with five versions of squid alone.
Starters include the likes of 'Steamed Scallops', 'Crispy-Fried Won Ton's'; 'Mussels with Black Beans and chili'; 'Deep-fried Mock Duck' (for vegetarians) and a variety of satay's.
Main courses include 'Pork with Bamboo Shoots and Chinese Mushrooms'; 'Sliced Roast Duck with Celery and Satay Sauce'; 'Szechuan Seafood Hotpot' and 'Fresh whole Crab with Black Beans and Chili'.
A Sunday buffet offering 14 courses is deservedly popular.
Their original restaurant which has been open for more than 25 years) is in Cheltenham, and this is run along similar lines.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: all week, mains from about £8 to £29
- Dinner: all week, mains from about £8 to £29
- Wine: a surprisingly ambitious wine list offers good value, having modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Kemble Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays