A good brasserie specialising in mussels but offering much more.
These come from Anglesey and are offered as starters and mains, with an assortment of sauces - from Mariniere to Thai.
Other starters include 'Pan-fried Woodland Mushrooms on Gorgonzola-topped Polenta'; 'Grilled Steak Salad' 'Soup du Jour',and 'Goats' Cheese and Pear Bruschetta'.
Mains 'Spit-roast Chicken' (plain - or with a choice of sauces); 'Roast Gressingham Duck with Colcannon Mash and a Redcurrant and Orange reduction'; 'Rib-Eye Steak' with Chips'; 'Scallops with Black pudding and Chorizo or Steamed with Garlic, Ginger and Soy'; 'Fresh Grilled Lobster' and 'Roast Pumpkin Risotto'.
An ideal eaterie if looking for reliable food in a buzzy atmosphere.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-15.00, (Sat & Sun 12.00-21.00); set L from £6.95 (1 courses), Mon-Sat £9.95 (2 courses); Sun £8.95 (2 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 17.00-22.00 (Sat & Sun 12.00-21.00); mains from about £10 to £18; Early Bird set D £9.95 (2 courses)
- Wine: a well-thought-out and modestly-priced wine list
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Chester Rail
- Directions: City Centre - see the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned