Find this restaurant set in an hotel in a splendid former wool merchants house, in the centre of the town.
Although most many courses come from the grill, there are also good Salad & Pasta dishes on offer.
A winter snapshot brought starters such as 'Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Spiced Cauliflower & Curried Croutons'; 'Chicken Liver Parfait, Brioche Bun, Spiced Pear & Apple Chutney'; 'Loch Duart Salmon Fishcakes, with Dill Tartare Sauce, Fennel & Rocket' and 'Slow-Cooked Duck Leg & Bean Chilli & Soda Bread'.
Mains perhaps 'Cornish Crab Salad with Coriander, Yoghurt & Lime, Frisée & Rocket'; 'Linguini with Pumpkin & Sage, Toasted Seeds & Herb Butter Sauce'; 'Angus Beefburger with Grilled Field Mushrooms, Dill Pickle, Onion Rings, Cheese & Cured Bacon'; 'Marinated Free-Range Chicken Breast, Onion & Garlic Roasting Juices & Truffled Macaroni Cheese' and a selection of top-quality Beef cuts from the grill.
Finish with the likes of 'Caramelised Fig Gratin' - or a chocolate lovers delight called 'Chocolate Tasting'.
A separate Bistro offers longer hours and slightly lighter style.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; set L £16.50 (2 courses); set L Sun £28.50 (3 courses); Bistro mains about £13 to £20
- Dinner: all week 19.00-21,30; early set D £16.50 (2 courses); mains about £13 to £20
- Seats: 46, plus 30 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list, that travels the world, has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes, also lavatory
- Nearest station: Honeybourne or Moreton-in-Marsh Rail
- Directions: 2km north of A44 between Moreton-in-Marsh and Broadway on B4081 - or see the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L Mon & Sat
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available