An excellent award-winning vegetarian/vegan cellar café - although they claim that around 60% of their customers aren't vegetarians.
The atmosphere is cottagey, with beams, and bare wooden tables.
Chef/proprietor Sharon Meijland offers the likes of 'Garlic Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato or Sun-Dried Chili' and 'Goats' Cheese Salad' among the short list of starters.
'Latvian Potato Bake' (potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, garlic & herbs with a crunchy gluten-free topping), 'Tajine Pruneaux' (courgettes, broccoli and green peppers with tamarind and borlotti beans, on prune-flavoured couscous) and 'Kala Chana Curry' (red chick peas with potatoes and red peppers - lightly curried - with chapatti and brown rice) to follow.
Desserts include the likes of Apple Pie, Carrot Cake and Swedish soya ice cream.
- Food Style: Vegetarian Cafes
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 10.00-21.30; mains about £9 to £11
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 10.00-21.30; mains about £11
- Wine: a few organic wines are on offer at around £15
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: No - access is via a narrow passage and 12 steps
- Nearest station: Cambridge Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: Sun & Mon, and Bank Holidays