What looks like, and partly is, an ice cream parlour – being the home of Holgate Ice Cream, is also a source of serious food.
Dishes might include ‘Lamb Koftas with Greek Salad & Mint Yoghurt’; Roast Welsh Ham or Black Beef plus Crab and Lobster Salads; ‘Fish Pie’; ‘Local hand-picked Dressed Crab with Buttered Potatoes and Fennel & Tomato Salad’ and ‘Red Pepper, Spinach & Goats Cheese Lasagne. Many items are organic and items, like the bread, home-made.
If having room, perhaps finish with ‘Steamed Lemon Sponge Pudding with Honey Vanilla Ice Cream’ or ‘White Chocolate Cheesecake with Honey Berry Sorbet.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Daily 12.00-15.00 (March-July & Sept); Phone, or see website for Winter openings
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.00; mains about £12 to £25
- Wine: a short, but adequate wine list
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Vale of Rheidol or Aberystwyth Rail (15 miles)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: Enquire about winter times
- Outside eating