What looks like, and partly is, an ice cream parlour - being the home of Holgate Ice Cream, is also a source of serious food.
Lunch is largely a counter buffet, all attractively-displayed on ice. This includes the likes of roast Welsh Ham or Black Beef plus Crab and Lobster Salads; Ploughman's Lunch and Sandwiches. Many items are organic and items, like the bread, home-made.
Specials are also offered - maybe Tagliatelle with Seafood Sauce and Samphire or Honey-Roast Barbecued Chicken with Basmati Rice.
If having room, finish with their award-winning ices - maybe Cinnamon & Ginger Ice Cream or Strawberry Honey Sorbet - or local cheeses.
They also open for dinner - but enquire as to seasonal dates.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Daily 10.30-17.00 (March-July & Sept); Daily 10.30-21.00 (Aug). Phone, or see website for Winter openings
- Dinner: Phone ahead for seasonally-changing days - generally 18.00-21.00
- Wine: a short, but adequate wine list
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Vale of Rheidol or Aberystwyth Rail (15 miles)
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: Enquire about winter times
- Outside eating