This tiny shop is probably the countries best book shop for food lovers. At busy times moving around can be difficult, but when searching, expert help is always at hand.
A little café at the back of the shop offers delicious food - with guest cooks producing items from their publications. On many days, there's a three course menu, but arrive early or phone ahead.
A cookery demonstration kitchen sometimes operates upstairs - but enquiries must be made, as places become booked quickly.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.00; set L £5 (2 courses), £7 (3 courses)
- Nearest station: Ladbroke Grove (5 mins); or 23 or 52 buses
- Directions: Just off the Portobello Road. See the map at the top of the page.
- Closed: Sun, Mon & Bank Holidays