A good café/restaurant in this pretty cobbled street, in the town centre. It's housed in an expansive former tannery.
Lunchtime brings everything from Sandwiches, both open & filled, with interesting toppings/fillings - such as 'Roast Loin of Pork on Toasted White with Spiced Compote, Sweet Onion Marmalade and Salad' & 'Cold Roast Beef with Pickled Onion & Rocket, Hot Horseradish Sauce & Salad'; Light Bites - such as 'Homemade Scotch Eggs' & 'Aromatic Duck Pancakes'.
Whilst larger appetites are catered for with the likes of 'Pizza's'; a wide selection of 'Tapas' dishes - plus Burgers & Steaks from the Grill. These are all offered from midday until last orders.
Puds such as 'Pear Tarte Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce' complete the picture.
Branch @ Durham.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 11.00-23.00; Fri & Sat 9.30-23.30; Sun 10.00-15.00; mains from about £6 to £25
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 11.00-23.00; Fri & Sat 9.30-23.30; Sun 10.00-15.00; mains from about £6 to £25
- Wine: an concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Yarm Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned