An upmarket café by day and a full-blown restaurant by night, The Jumble Room offers an adventurous menu, that changes with the seasons; as much as possible being locally produced and some organic.
Day-time dishes include the likes of 'Fresh Haddock Goujons in Beer Batter'; and 'Home-made Lamb Sausages with Onion Marmalade'.
During the evening, 'Parsnip and Apple Soup', 'Cullen Skink'; 'Spicy Thai Tiger Prawns with Asian Greens and Papaya' and 'Warm Lobster and Fresh Salmon Terrine' set the style for starters.
'Roast Galloway Sirloin with Dauphinoise Potatoes & a Red Wine & Cassis Sauce', 'Graythwaite Game Pie, with Roasted Root Vegetables & Sweet Damson Jelly' and 'Ravioli filled with Sweet Potato and Coriander, with a Thai Green Curry Sauce'.
Desserts are a strong point - try the 'Walnut and Toffee Tart with Grasmere Gingerbread' or the 'Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Easter to end of Nov & Dec to end of 1st week Jan - Weds to Sun 12.00-15.30; 2nd week Jan to 3rd week April weekends only. Mains between £13 & £27. Enquire about change.
- Dinner: Easter to end of Nov & Dec to end of 1st week Jan - Weds to Sun 17.30-22.00; 2nd week Jan to 3rd week April weekends only. Mains between about £15 & £27. Check for changes.
- Seats: 45 (plus 10 outside)
- Wine: a short, but adequate, wine list kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Windermere Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: Mon & Tues all year; weekdays between 2nd week Jan to 3rd week April