An marvellous café/restaurant attached to this excellent smokery (q.v.).
You can enjoy a cup of coffee, while reading the newspapers, or try carefully prepared dishes - many using products from the smokery.
So, expect the likes of 'Smoked Eel on Rye'; 'Carrot & Orange Soup' and 'Air-Dried Ham with Fresh Figs' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Hot Smoked Salmon Steak' and 'Kassller' (smoked loin of pork) among the mains.
Finish with 'Golden Syrup Bread & Butter Pudding' or 'Tropical Pavlova'.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 10.00-16.00; mains about £10
- Wine: a short, but adequate wine list
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Crewkerne Rail (about 10 miles)
- Directions: See the map on this page - or coming from Curry Rivel, turn left onto the B3168 Ilminster road at the Bell Hotel and head towards Hambridge. Brown & Forrest are about 2km on the left.
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: Sun & some Bank Holidays