A family run café of the old school (it opened in 1900) and has only developed slowly since then - probably staying in the 1950's.
It's run on the lines of a New York deli, so very busy for take-aways during breakfast and lunchtime. Expect chunky soups and excellent sandwich fillings - all to be consumed on Formica-topped tables.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-18.00; Sat 11.30-17.30
- Children's portions: Yes, whenever possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Bond Street Underground (10 minutes)
- Directions: between Marylebone High Street and Wigmore Street
- Parking: Street Parking or Welbeck Street NCP
- Closed: Sun and some Bank Holidays