This excellent café is almost entirely vegetarian, with the odd fish exception, and organic produce is to the fore.
Dishes range from Italian through Japanese to the more familiar English, and include the likes of home-made paté (changing by the day), quiches, meze dishes and salads.
Baked potatoes, bagels and paninis can also be found on the menu.
Their cakes, some of which are vegan, are deservedly popular - as is their tea and coffee.
A basement 'Cella' bar, holds live music events on a regular basis enquire about these on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 9.00-23.00, Sun 9.00-12.30; mains £6 to £8 - plus All Day Breakfasts
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 9.00-23.00, Sun 9.00-12.30; mains £6 to £8 - plus All Day Breakfasts
- Wine: a short list of organic wine is offered
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Brighton Rail
- Directions: a left turning, just off Western Road, going west. On the Brighton & Hove border. See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays