Find this good café / brasserie-style restaurant on a corner site close to the beach.
During the day you can enjoy a cup of good coffee or rare tea or perhaps a slice of cake – or at lunchtime and during the evening something more substantial.
Dishes such as ‘Veal Schnitzel with Cranberry Sauce’; ‘Crab on Toast with Cucumber & Coriander’; ‘A Plate of British Cured Meats’ and ‘Pearl Barley Risotto with Sweetcorn & Mushrooms’ set the style for lighter dishes.
Perhaps ‘Day Boat Cod with Brown Shrimps, Samphire & Leeks’; ‘Chargrilled Pork Chop with Apple Sauce, Hispi Cabbage & Cider’; ‘Ox Cheek with Mash & Peppercorn Sauce’ and ‘Confit Barbary Duck Leg with Duck Fat Chips, Kale & Plums’ amongst the listed mains.
Maybe finish with ‘A Plate of Local Cheese’ – perhaps Tunworth & Binham Blue; ‘Warm Doughnuts’ or ‘Chocolate Tart with Oranges & Crème Fraiche’.
Address: 152 High Street, Aldeburgh, Suffolk
Postcode: IP15 5AX
Tel No: 01728-454594
Web site: www.eastcoastcafeandstore.com
Lunch: all week; set L £13.95 (2 courses) to £19.95
Dinner: all week; set D £13.95 (2 courses) to £19.95; mains from about £10 to £20
Closed: some Bank Holidays
Seats: 50, plus bout 20 outside
Wine: a balanced wine list has modest mark-ups
Nearest train station: Saxmundham Rail
Parking: Street Parking
Outside eating: No
Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon & Tues 9.00-16.00, Weds-Sun 9.00-21.30; mains about £17 to £22
- Dinner: Weds-Sun 9.00-21.30; mains from about £17 to £22
- Seats: 50, plus about 20 outside
- Wine: a balanced wine list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Saxmundham Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating