An excellent café run using as many Fairtrade and local products as possible.
A blackboard lists menu items ranging from breakfast items (such as a Dry-Cured Bacon Sandwich) to Roast Goosnargh Chicken.
If a cheese lover, don't miss Mrs. Kirkham's Lancashire Cheese.
The owners also run a more ambitious budget restaurant - Gabriel's Kitchen - in nearby Upper Brook Street. More reports please.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 10.00-16.30; Sun 12.00-15.30; mains £3 to £8
- Seats: 52, plus 48 outside
- Wine: a few wines are offered by the glass, at modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Road (1 mile)
- Directions: 2 km south of City centre - see the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating