Known locally as Alf's, this café is popular with the residents and visitors alike.The system is to order and pay at the counter - collect your cutlery - and they'll bring you your order, from the open plan kitchen.
As well as excellent coffee and pastries, an 'all day' breakfast is on offer, although with dishes such as 'Scrambled Eggs on Toast with Smoked Salmon' and various sandwiches and filled baguettes.
During summer months, 'Home-made Burgers with Salsa & Pickles'; 'Local Plaice with Lime Hollandaise' and 'Ricotta Tart with Courgettes, Tomatoes & Basil' plus various platters, are the order of the day, when opening hours extend into the evening.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: all week during summer months 7.00-14.00
- Dinner: During Regatta Week & by special arrangement
- Wine: House Wine
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: all Mon & Tues, except summer months