Find this excellent seafood restaurant facing the river and fishing boats.
They specialise in local seafood, plus a few meat items from top-quality local producers. All the dishes are simply prepared, allowing the flavour of the main ingredients to shine through.
While all depends on the season and the catch, expect the likes of Fried local Squid with Aioli; River Exe Mussels steamed with Garlic & Parsley; 'Scallops, Roasted in the Shell, with Garlic & White Port' and Charcoal-grilled Chicken Livers with Sage among the starters.
Perhaps Plaice Fillet in Breadcrumbs with Tartare Sauce; 'Brixham Brill, Roasted on the Bone with Fennel & Shallots'; 'Sea Bream with Chili, Roasted Garlic, Rosemary & Olive Oil'; Charcoal-grilled local Gurnard Fillet with Cream & Mustard; Seafood Stew with Saffron & Thyme and Grilled Sirloin of South Devon Beef with Bone Marrow listed among the mains.
If you still have room, finish with simple desserts such as Tiramisu; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' or Crème Brulée.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Weds-Sun 12.00-15.00, set L £20 (2 courses); mains about £23 to £29
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.00-22.00; mains about £23 to £29
- Seats: 40, plus 4 outside
- Wine: a well-thought-out list, concentrating on Europe, kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Mon, D Sun
- Outside eating