An excellent vegetarian café, situated in the foyer of a transformed 14th century church. The conversion has been tastefully done and a friendly modern ambience. Beneath the arched ceiled and stained-glass windows are blondwood chairs and tables, dressed with black slate placements.
The day starts with vegetarian breakfast options and continues with the likes of 'Soup of the Day', freshly made sandwiches, wraps and toasties - all served with good salads. Hot dishes include frittatas, stroganoffs and pasta bakes.
Home-made cakes and brownies are an afternoon treat.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 8.00-17.00; dishes about £6
- Wine: a few wines are offered, with very modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Cambridge Rail
- Directions: Centre of City - see the map on this page
- Closed: Sun & some Bank Holidays; plus a period over Christmas & the New Year