This is strictly speaking a traditional café, and for years were particularly known for their excellent fish and chips.
The café is now run by the Lewis family, of Monachyle Mhor (q.v.) fame; and standards and their range of dishes has been greatly increased.
If having Fish & Chips, this is cooked, freshly to order, in dripping, and served with slices of lemon. You can choose traditional varieties, such as haddock, or the more unusual (sometimes John Dory) - all listed on the blackboard. These are delivered with excellent chips and mushy peas.
Café offerings also stretch from excellent freshly-cut sandwiches, through top-quality burgers and pasta dishes to char-grilled sirloin steak - served with seasonal salad or vegetables.
Finish with traditional home-made desserts or ice cream.
You are welcome to BYO wine etc. which is available in the off licence next door.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: all week 10.00-20.00
- Dinner: all week 10.00-20.00
- Wine: BYO
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Dunblane
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays