Describing itself as a modern relaxed café/bar in the centre of Cockermouth, this excellent café offers a list of all its main local suppliers - these include some of the top names in Britain - including Richard Woodall (q.v.) and the Hawkshead Relish Company (q.v.); plus coffee from Union Coffee Roasters (q.v.).
Breakfast offers the likes of 'Boiled Egg & Soldiers', and as the day develops home-made soups, open sandwiches appear - to be followed by cakes from Blencathra.
On Friday evenings a tapas menu is very popular.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 10.00-18.00; mains about £6 to £8
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00; mains about £11 to £20
- Wine: a short, but adequate, wine list
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: all Sun & some Bank Holidays