The comfortable, but simply-decorated decorated dining room of this pub/restaurant/hotel retains many original features including its marvellous leaded windows.
Starters might include Blue Cheese, Confit Tomato, Roasted Pine Nuts and a Sweet Red Pepper Salsa; Home-made Soup of the Day and Pan-Fried Squid with Red Pepper and a Spiced Lentil Salad with Basil.
Perhaps to be followed by Slow-cooked Shoulder of Somerset Lamb with a Wholegrain Mustard and Mint Sauce; Fillet of West Country Beef, with Red Onion Potato Cake and a Cep Sauce or Baked Fillet of Salmon with Pearl Barley and Fennel.
If you have room Ginger Sticky Toffee Pudding with Lime Leaf Ice Cream or Crème Brulée with Vanilla and Passion Fruit might tempt you.
Or you might circum to their selection of local Artisan Cheeses.
A lighter menu, including lighter cooked dishes and excellent sandwiches is offered at lunchtime.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.30; mains about £13 to £19
- Dinner: all week, Mon-Sat 18.00-21.30; mains about £13 to £19
- Wine: a concise list has plenty to interest everyone; plus modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes, through back, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Yeovil Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: enquire about Christmas openings
- Outside eating
- Rooms available