Find this budget, but fun, fish restaurant just up the road from Clapham Junction railway station.
In the now trendy manner, you chose your fish from the wet fish counter, then tell them how you'd like it cooked: deep-fried (in a choice of batters), grilled, pan-fried or steamed. You can even choose boiled, mashed potatoes instead of chips - or sweet potatoes for that special treat.
Starters include the likes of 'Oysters (including Natives, in season)', 'Potted Shrimps'; 'Smoked Sprats'; Crayfish Cocktail' or 'Sardines with Parsley & Garlic'.
Mains perhaps 'Coley - battered or grilled'; 'Cuttlefish & Squid with Sweet Chili Sauce'; 'Grilled Rainbow Trout' and 'Pole-Caught Yellowfin Tuna with Black Bean Dressing' from their fresh selection. While away from the fish slab, 'Smoked Haddock Fish Cakes' are a popular option, as are 'Aberdeen Steak Pie' and a 'Slow-Roast Tomato & Onion Tart'.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-22.00; set L Tues-Fri 12.00-15.00 £7.50; Sun 12.00-21.00 mains about £9 to £17 (including chips)
- Dinner: Mon 17.00-22.00, Tues-Sun 12.00-22.00; mains about £9 to £17 (including chips)
- Wine: a short, but adequate wine list kicks in at about £15 a bottle, £4.50 per glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Clapham Junction (5 minutes)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Mon; some Bank Holidays