An award-winning sausage restaurant, offering products that follow the seasons - i.e. 'Valentine Sausages with Ginseng & Ginger'.
The Oxford Sausage is one of Britain's oldest recorded varieties, and although early recipes seem to note it being made with beef or veal, nowadays pork and lamb are the prime ingredients.
One way or the other, standards here are high. The morning offering breakfast, until the main menu kicks in atmidday. Likewise, the early evening start is a limited pre-theatre affair.
Jazz, which takes place in the basement, each Tuesday is popular, so booking is strongly advised - there are Jazz + Meal deals to be had.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 10.00-15.00, Sat 10.00-23.00, Sun 10.00-22.00 (mains from about £7 to £10)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 17.00-22.00, Sat 10.00-23.00, Sun 10.00-22.00 (mains from about £7 to £10)
- Wine: a short wine list, plus carefully-chosen beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Oxford
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays