This restaurant, named after the original name of Buenos Aires, is for real meat eaters - although there are a few token offers for vegetarians, but to be surrounded by so much meat would upset most animal lovers of this ilk.
In Argentina it would be labelled as a 'parrilla' - the Argentinian term for the charcoal grill, suspended from the ceiling, and used for the majority of main courses.
Expect the likes of 'Lengua a la Vinagreta' (Sliced, Marinated Ox Tongue); 'Jamón con Palmitos y Salsa Golf' (Serrano Ham with Palm Hearts & Mayonnaise' and 'Empanadas' (Beef, Chicken, Spinach & Cheese Pasties' among the starters.
Various Argentinian Steaks, Sausages & Mixed Grills among the mains. Chimichurri sauce made from a base of olive oil, garlic & parsley) and chips are the traditional accompaniments.
- Food Style: South American
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-22.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains about £9 to £17
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-22.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains about £9 to £32
- Wine: an all Argentinian wine list is offered
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: London Fields or Cambridge Heath Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays