Find this impressive eaterie in a converted bank, in the city centre. Pronounced 'chen-toe-tre', it's a new venture from the owners of the excellent Valvona & Crolla delicatessen.
Under one roof, there's an Italian bar offering everything from coffee to cocktails, plus snacks such as rustic bread with various 'plates' - such as 'Peperoni' or 'Mozzarella with Salted Anchovies, Rocket, & Chili Oil'
A restaurant (misleadingly titled 'The Caffè') has an enormous menu, starting with Italian Breakfast (from
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 8.00-23.00; Fri-Sat 8.00-24.00; Sun 11.00-18.00; mains about £11 to £23; set L £16.95 (2 courses) to £19.95
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 8.00-23.00; Fri-Sat 8.00-24.00; Sun 11.00-18.00; mains about £11 to £23
- Seats: 140, plus 40 outside
- Wine: a well-thought-out wine list kicks off at around £15
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but only partially - please enquire
- Directions: City centre
- Parking: Partially- please enquire
- Closed: D Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned