Possibly Bradford's oldest curry house and mainly vegetarian - although there are a few dishes for fish eaters and carnivores.
If you want a certain comfort, try to secure a table on the ground floor dining room - which has tablecloths, rather than the tiled lower floor (but this is sometimes just opened during the evening). But proceed down a staircase to the canteen-like basement which is more authentic. Cutlery will be brought, if you ask, but the locals generally eat traditionally, using chapatti's as the food carrier. Jugs of Lassi are the drinking order of the day.
As it's nearly always busy, everything is fresh, and if a lover of food from the Sub-Continent, a visit here isn't to be missed, if in Bradford.
- Food Style: Indian Vegetarian
- Lunch: all week; 11.00-3.00 (morning)
- Dinner: see above
- Wine: No
- Wheelchair access: No
- Nearest station: Bradford Interchange Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: some Bank & Religious Holidays